About CTC Aviation
We are a global airline pilot training and resourcing company, providing innovative solutions in true partnership with our customers.
Our latest generation training centres and resources are located at attractive, well-connected and convenient locations in: Southampton and Bournemouth UK, Phoenix USA and Hamilton NZ.
We provide a wide range of aviation services from ab initio trainee pilot selection,training and airline placement, to the more advanced selection, training and provisioning requirements for experienced pilots, instructors and examiners.
Airline Pilot Career Programme
CTC WINGS in partnership with British Airways provides training for the flagship and bespoke Future Pilot Programme, leading to an exciting and varied flying career with British Airways commencing initially on the A320 series aircraft. The programme is characterised by unique Training Sponsorship provided by both CTC Aviation and British Airways.
To ensure that the Future Pilot Programme will attract a diverse range of applications from talented, aspiring pilots and future airline managers, British Airways will, where required, provide the support of a loan guarantee (subject to terms and conditions), to enable successful applicants to borrow required funding for the programme from the BBVA bank.
This is a truly unique and accessible airline pilot career programme which can enable you to take to the skies and embark upon an unrivalled career path with one of the best airlines in the world.
- Fully mentored and supported CTC Wings programme from British Airways in partnership with CTC Aviation
- Employment as a co-pilot with British Airways on completion of aircraft type training
- Access to bank loan funding from BBVA bank*
- Loan guarantee provided by British Airways** (if required)
- Provision of CTC Aviation’s unique ‘performance protection’
Unique to our CTC WINGS airline pilot career programmes - to provide ‘peace of mind’ and achieve competence during training by providing (if required) and without any additional fees:
- Additional training – ground and flight (aircraft and simulator)
- Re-testing – ATPL ground examinations and flight skills tests – including aircraft and UK CAA fees
- UK CAA regulatory fees (initial and any retests) for ground examinations and flight skills tests (CPL and IR)
- A refund of any monies deposited by you to secure your training sponsorship should we cease your training due to your skills falling below the minimum competence required for professional pilot licence issue, less a deductible of £5,000
CTC WINGS Sponsorship from CTC Aviation is unprecedented and is a continuing and clear commitment by us to the core values of excellence and enablement which have underpinned our company since day one.
- Repayment of security bond (over seven years) in addition To salary once fully employed by british airways
- Option to include the Bcs (honours) degree in Professional aviation pilot practice
- Access to uk government student loan funding* (if degree option taken)
- Training on the latest generation aircraft and simulators Including Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT)
*subject to bbva bank lending criteria and assessed on an individual basis
**subject to eligibility criteria
Application and selection process
Airline Resourcing & Selection Centre, CTC Aviation, UK Waterside, British Airways, UK
A comprehensive selection process with CTC Aviation and British Airways
- 3 Days
ATPL Theoretical knowledge training
Classroom and iPad/computer-based UK
Integrated use of Computer-Based Training (CBT) with self study and tutor-led instruction from some of the best instructors in the industry.
- Approximately 26 weeks
Foundation flight training
Single-engine piston aircraft NZ or USA
Flying the DA20/C172/DA40, you will learn the fundamentals of visual flying, basic instrument flying and night flying, culminating in your first progress test.
- Approximately 24 weeks
Commercial and Instrument flight training
Upset Prevention & Recovery Training (UPRT)
Flying both single and multi-engine aircraft, combined with simulator training, you will receive training to pass both CPL and IR skills tests on the EFIS DA42 aircraft.
- Approximately 18 weeks
Multi-Pilot flight training
British Airways Jet Orientation Course (JOC) Delivered by CTC Aviation, this BA-specific course incorporates the Multi Crew Co-operation (MCC) certificate and an Initial Crew Resource Management (CRM) course.
- Approximately 4 weeks
A320 Type rating training
Airbus A320 simulator and aircraft with CTC Aviation and British Airways (UK) Type technical ground school utilising British Airways Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Approximately 8 weeks
Employment with British Airways
Short Haul Line Flying with British Airways.
Initial Operating Experience (IOE) and Line Check on the A320. You will also complete Safety, Emergency and Procedures training and then continue to ‘fly the line’ as a British Airways co-pilot.
Successful graduation from this Route will provide you with (after leg 5)
- ATPL Theoretical Knowledge
- Commercial Pilot’s Licence with Instrument Rating (CPL/IR/MEP)
- Multi-Crew Co-operation (MCC) course completion certificate
- Upset Prevention & Recovery Training (UPRT)
- BSc (Honours) Degree in Professional Aviation Pilot Practice (if selected as an option)
These items combined are known as ‘frozen’ ATPL and are the minimum requirements to commence A320 Type Rating (leg 6) and, upon successful completion to be offered the opportunity to join British Airways as a co-pilot and continue into line training.
The funding required for the complete British Airways Future Pilot Programme:
- Security Bond – £84,000 (paid in 13 instalments)
- Additional items required for training – £9,800* (paid before the commencement of training)
- Self-catered accommodation is included
British Airways will, where required, provide the necessary guarantee to enable a successful applicant to secure a bank loan for the funding required.
- CTC Aviation Selection Fee
- EASA Class 1 medical – UK CAA scale of charges
- Insurances to protect life, finance and training expenses
- Food and living expenses
- English language test costs where applicable
- UK CAA fees for initial licence issue, flight skills retest and ATPL exam retakes
If the BSc Degree option is selected:
- For more information refer to both the BSc Honours Degree and Finance and Funding Information Guides
Unique to our CTC WINGS airline pilot career programmes, our ‘Performance Protection’ gives you peace of mind during training by providing the following (with no additional fees):
- All additional training – ground and flight
- All re-testing – ground examinations and flight skills tests
- All UK CAA regulatory charges (initial and retest) for ground examinations and flight skills tests
- A refund of any fees paid by you for training and testing services should we cease your training due to your skills falling below the minimum competence required for professional pilot licence issue; less a deductible of £5,000
- Aged between 18 and 55 on 1 September 2015
- Have a valid passport and the unrestricted right to live and work in the UK, with the ability to travel unrestricted worldwide
- Be fluent in English (verbal and written)***
- Able to produce a Criminal Record Check (CRC) Basic Disclosure Certificate and pass all British Airways referencing checks
- Able to obtain and maintain an EASA Class 1 Medical Certificate and pass the British Airways Health Services medical examination
- Not have previously taken any EASA ATPL Theory examinations
- Minimum height 5’2” (1.58 m) , maximum height 6’3” (1.91 m) *
*Applicants for CTC WINGS should be between 1.58 m (5ft 2 inches) to 1.91 m (6ft 3 inches) in height. Applicants who fall outside of this may still apply for CTC WINGS; however will be required to undergo an ergonomic assessment in our training aircraft and jet flight simulators prior to being accepted onto a CTC WINGS ab initio training course. Some airlines may impose strict height limits in accordance with the range shown, which could preclude you from placement with that airline post CPLIR training if you fall outside this height range
**** For non-native English speakers, you will be required to present a certificate prior to training commencement demonstrating you have achieved International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Level 5.5 overall, with no less than 5.5 in any individual area (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking). This must be the Academic test, not General Training.
Academic Entry Standards
In English school/university grading systems (or National equivalents proof of equivalency to be provided by applicants)
5 x GCSEs at Grade C or above including maths, English and a science (single or dual award) and, either
- 3 x A-Levels or academic equivalents at BBC or higher, or
- An Honours Degree at 2:2 or higher
- Check whether the application ‘window’ is open
- Click on the ‘apply now’ button
- Complete the initial British Airways application and select CTC Aviation as your chosen training provider complete the remaining questions and click ‘submit’
- You will receive an auto-response to acknowledge receipt of your application
- Your application will be screened by a member of the CTC Aviation selection team
- You will be contacted by email by a member of the CTC Aviation selection team to inform you whether your application has been successful
- If successful, you will be invited to attend an initial CTC WINGS selection day at our Airline Resourcing & Selection Centre, Dibden Manor UK
- If successful, the final stages of selection will be at the British Airways recruitment centre located at London Heathrow Airport
- Applicants not finally selected by British Airways but still meeting the selection requirements for CTC WINGS Training Sponsorship from CTC Aviation will be invited to enrol upon a ‘whitetail’ Integrated ATPL programme from which there may be a further opportunity to join British Airways upon Graduation through our Airline Placement Pool
Need more information?
Our airline pilot careers advisers are available Monday - Friday 0900-1800 UK time.
Call +44 (0)2380 742 400 or make an online enquiry
Route guide 04
Our Route Guide describes the career programme in more detail.
Our Info Guide describes the degree option in more detail.
Our Info Guide describes the selection process in more detail.
Finance and funding
Our Info Guide describes the finance and funding in more detail.
Our Careers Events enable you to discover more about us - in person.
Our Prospectuses describe CTC Aviation, our facilities and our services in more detail.
Signup for updates
Sign up to receive all the latest news on training and events right into your own inbox.