About CTC Aviation
We are a global airline pilot training and resourcing company, providing innovative solutions in true partnership with our customers.
Our latest generation training centres and resources are located at attractive, well-connected and convenient locations in Southampton, Bournemouth, London and Coventry (UK), Phoenix (USA) and Hamilton (NZ).
We provide a wide range of aviation services from trainee pilot selection, career programmes and airline placement, to the more advanced selection, training and provisioning requirements for experienced pilots, instructors and examiners.
Generation easyJet Pilot Training Programme
easyJet is one of Europe’s most successful airlines and has partnered with CTC Aviation for airline pilot training solutions since its first flights in 1995. Today CTC Aviation remains easyJet’s preferred provider of airline pilots.
The Generation easyJet Pilot Training Programme is at the leading edge of airline pilot training innovation and provides more opportunity than ever to launch an airline pilot career with Europe’s leading airline, through CTC WINGS.
Selected by easyJet from day one, you will embark upon one of three training routes; each one will take you directly to the role of co-pilot on Airbus A320 aircraft, flying easyJet routes around Europe.
1. CTC WINGS easyJet MPL
Applicants to the CTC WINGS MPL in partnership with easyJet will be invited to join the CTC WINGS Multi-crew Pilot Licence (MPL) programme – a sponsored airline pilot career programme at the leading edge of airline pilot training innovation. Selected and mentored by easyJet from day one, you will embark upon a unique Route of training which will take you directly to the role of co-pilot on Airbus A320 aircraft, flying easyJet routes around Europe.
2. CTC WINGS easyJet MPL Upgrade
For those who perform to an excellent standard but are initially not offered a place on the CTC WINGS MPL in partnership with easyJet, the CTC WINGS easyJet MPL upgrade provides a further opportunity to join an MPL training route which takes you directly to a career as an easyJet co-pilot on completion of A320 type rating and line training.
You will be invited to enrol upon the CTC WINGS Integrated ATPL route and, following completion of ATPL Theoretical Knowledge exams to the easyJet standard, the highest performers who also meet the required criteria for CTC WINGS MPL in partnership with easyJet will be selected to upgrade and continue their training along the easyJet MPL route.
You’ll benefit from an airline-focussed training programme, tailored to easyJet aircraft and standard operating procedures as well as the combined MPL course fee which includes - and significantly reduces the cost of - your A320 type rating training.
3. CTC WINGS easyJet Integrated ATPL
This route provides a further opportunity to join easyJet for those who successfully complete selection and commence CTC WINGS Integrated ATPL, but are not shortlisted to upgrade to MPL on completion of Theoretical Knowledge exams and do meet easyJet criteria, OR do not hold the academic qualifications required for the MPL route. You will continue on the Integrated ATPL Route, completing the Intermediate phase of training tailored to easyJet A320 aircraft and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). You’ll then launch an exciting flying career as an easyJet co-pilot on completion of A320 type rating, base and line training.
If you are unfortunately not selected for any of these routes, you still have the opportunity to join easyJet upon graduation.
Those who do not hold the academic qualifications required for the MPL route and are not selected to join the easyJet Integrated ATPL will be able continue their CTC WINGS Integrated ATPL training route and, on completing your Intermediate phase of training to the CTC WINGS standard, you will have the opportunity to attend a further selection event with CTC Aviation and easyJet.
Those who emerge successful from the selection process will be offered easyJet placement as an A320 co-pilot and continue to A320 type rating, before joining the next generation of easyJet flight crew.
Read on and discover how you can become part of Generation easyJet.
- Fully mentored and supported CTC WINGS programme from CTC Aviation in partnership with easyJet*
- Loan underwriting opportunities from easyJet
- Provision of CTC Aviation’s unique and unrivalled ‘Performance Protection’
- Access to CTC Aviation’s unique ‘Training Security Bond’ solution
- Repayment of ‘Training Security Bond’ (over seven years) in addition to salary once fully employed by easyJet in the UK
- option to include the Middlesex University BSc (Hons) Degree in Professional Aviation Pilot Practice with potential access to UK government student loan funding**
- Training on the latest generation EFIS and TAS-equipped aircraft and simulators
- Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT) included
Enjoy the experience of a lifetime training in the United Kingdom and New Zealand or the United States
- subject to successful selection by easyJet **subject to eligibilty criteria
Terms and conditions apply
The following route plan provides a detailed example of the training footprint for Route 1 CTC WINGS MPL in partnership with easyJet and Route 2 CTC WINGS easyJet MPL Upgrade. For more information on Route 3 please refer to the Generation easyJet Pilot Training Programme Info Guide and Route Guide 01 CTC WINGS Integrated ATPL airline pilot career programme.
Application and selection process
CTC Aviation 1 day assessment followed by a shortlist process. Highest performing candidates will be invited to easyJet for a non-technical assessment day.
- 2 days
MPL/ATPL Theoretical Knowledge training
Classroom and iPad/computer-based UK or NZ
We integrate the use of Computer-Based Training (CBT) with self study and tutor-led instruction from some of the best instructors in the industry.
- Approximately 26 weeks
Those selected to join Route 2: easyJet MPL Upgrade will transfer to this route at this point. Please see the Generation easyJet Pilot Training Programme Info Guide for more information.
Aircraft flight training
Single-engine piston aircraft NZ
This is the flight training element of the core phase of the MPL syllabus that sets MPL apart from a traditional flight training programme. Flying the EFIS C172, you’ll learn the fundamentals of visual flying, basic instrument flying, night flying, Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT).
- Approximately 22 weeks
Multi-pilot flight training
A320 Jet simulator UK
Experiencing a multi-pilot environment for the first time, we introduce you to the A320 and jet operations for your instrument flight training using easyJet’s SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
An Initial Crew Resource Management (CRM) course covers Threat and Error Management training (TEM) and your Basic phase concludes with Line Orientated Flight Training (LOFT) and Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT).
- Approximately 11 weeks
Aircraft type specific training
A320 Jet simulator UK
Type-technical ground school utilises advanced CBT and Virtual Flight Deck (VFD) technology and we develop your advanced handling skills on our motion A320 simulators utilising a more complete version of the easyJet’s SOPs. LOFT covers more complex scenarios, Threat and Error Management training (TEM) training is further developed and you will complete the intermediate phase with Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT).
- Approximately 7 weeks
Aircraft type specific training
A320 Jet simulator and A320 aircraft UK - with CTC Aviation and easyJet
The Advanced Phase in MPL is akin to type rating training. easyJet’s full airline SOPs are incorporated and you will learn to handle more complex system failures and emergencies in readiness for your Licence Skills Test (LST).
- Approximately 4 weeks
Line Flying UK and Europe with easyJet Line Orientated Experience (LOE) and Line Check. You will also complete Safety, Emergency and Procedures training.
- Approximately 10 weeks
Successful graduation from the easyJet MPL Route (Routes 1 and 2) will provide you with
- A Multi-Crew Pilot Licence on A320 aircraft with easyJet
- MPL/ATPL Theoretical Knowledge and examination passes
- Upset Prevention and Recovery Training
- A320 aircraft type rating
Successful graduation from the easyJet Integrated ATPL Route (Route 3) will provide you with
- ATPL Theoretical Knowledge
- Commercial Pilot Licence with Instrument Rating and Multi-Engine Piston class rating (CPL/IR/MEP)
- Multi-crew Co-operation (MCC) completion certificate
- Upset Prevention and Recovery Training
- A320 aircraft type rating
Upon commencement of co-pilot flying with easyJet, you will continue to gain Line Oriented Experience (LOE) which will conclude with a final ‘line check’ with an easyJet training Captain. This experience will also contribute towards your BSc Degree (if elected as an option).
- Holders of an MPL may apply for an ATPL upon meeting regulatory requirements as your easyJet career progresses.
- An MPL does not permit you to work as a professional pilot on smaller aircraft that only require a single pilot without undertaking further single-pilot training.
The funding required for the complete MPL Route (Route 1 and 2) is £109,000, comprising:
- Training Security Bond - £69,000 (paid in 13 instalments)
- MPL Training Fee 1 - £20,800
- MPL Training Fee 2 - £19,200
ROUTE 1 ONLY: OUTSTANDING APPLICANTS WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO APPLY FOR THEIR TRAINING LOAN TO BE UNDERWRITTEN BY EASYJET.
AMY JOHNSON FLYING INITIATIVE: IN PARTNERSHIP WITH THE BRITISH WOMEN PILOTS’ ASSOCIATION, EASYJET WILL ALSO UNDERWRITE THE FULL TRAINING LOAN FOR SIX SUCCESSFUL FEMALE CANDIDATES AS PART OF THEIR ‘AMY JOHNSON FLYING INITIATIVE’ - AN OPPORTUNITY EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE THROUGH CTC AVIATION.
ROUTE 2 ONLY: IF YOU ARE UPGRADED FROM THE MPL ROUTE, YOUR PAYMENT PROFILE WILL BE ADJUSTED TO REFLECT THE MPL FUNDING AND YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM THE COMBINED MPL COURSE FEE WHICH INCLUDES - AND SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCES THE COST OF - TYPE RATING TRAINING.
The funding required for the complete easyJet Integrated ATPL Route (Route 3) is £123,800 This comprises:
- Training Security Bond – £69,000 (13 instalments)
- Foundation Training Fee – £24,800 (paid before the commencement of Leg 3 training)
- Type Rating Training - £30,000
THOSE ON THIS ROUTE WILL HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO ACCESS LOAN UNDERWRITING FROM EASYJET TO SUPPORT THE COST OF TYPE RATING TRAINING.
Student loan funding may be available for trainees who elect to incorporate the BSc Degree enhancement into their career programme.
- All training, equipment, uniform and airfield fees
- CTC WINGS ‘Performance Protection’ from CTC Aviation
- Self-catered accommodation for all phases of training
- Air travel to New Zealand or United States
- All CAA exam and skills test fees - initial (and retakes if required)
- Licence issue fee
- Food and living expenses
- CTC Aviation selection fee
- EASA Class 1 medical fee – EASA scale of charges
- Travel and medical insurance
- Insurances to protect life, finance, personal property and training expenses
- For more information refer to both the Degree and Finance and Funding Info Guides
Successful completion of selection enables CTC WINGS ‘Performance Protection’ to be provided:
- The provision of all additional training and any retesting to achieve the required competence, at no extra cost
- Initial licence and ratings issue fees
- A refund of fees (less a £5,000 deductible) should we cease your training due to your competence falling below the minimum required professional pilot issue standard
- be at least 18 years of age to commence training
- have the unrestricted right to live and work in the EEA or Switzerland
- hold a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) Grade C or above, including maths, science and English language*
- be fluent in English (verbal and written)***
- produce a CRC (Criminal Record Check) basic disclosure certificate before training can commence minimum height 157cm, maximum height 191cm
- be able to obtain an EASA Class 1 medical without restrictions prior to commencement of training *see naric.org.uk for international academic comparisons
**** For non-native English speakers, you will be required to present a certificate prior to training commencement demonstrating you have achieved International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Level 5.5 overall, with no less than 5.5 in any individual area (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking). This must be the Academic test, not General Training.
To qualify for the CTC WINGS MPL in partnership with easyJet or the MPL Upgrade, you must also hold:
- A minimum of 2 A-Levels grades C or above (excluding General Studies and Critical Thinking) OR a degree grade 2:2 or above
You may apply to the programme with predicted grades but they must be achieved on commencement of training. If predicted grades are not achieved, you may still have the opportunity to join the Generation easyJet Pilot Training Programme through Route 3: easyJet Integrated ATPL. Further selection may be required following completion of the Intermediate phase of training to secure easyJet placement.
- Go to ctcaviation.com/easyjet
- Check whether the application date ‘window’ is open
- Click on the ‘apply now’ button
- Complete the online application form and click ‘submit’
- You will receive an auto-response to acknowledge receipt of your application
Your application will be screened by a member of the CTC Aviation selection team
You will be contacted by email by a member of the CTC Aviation selection team to inform you whether your application has been successful
- If successful, you will be invited to attend a 2 day selection event with CTC Aviation and easyJet at our Airline Resourcing and Selection Centre – Dibden Manor, UK
Need more information?
Our airline pilot careers advisers are available Monday - Friday 0900-1800 UK time.
Call +44 (0)2380 742 400 or make an online enquiry
Generation easyJet Pilot Training Programme info guide
Our Generation easyJet Pilot Training Programme info guide describes the career programme in more detail.
Route Guide 01
Our Route Guide describes the career programme in more detail.
easyJet Route guide 02
Our easyJet Route Guide describes the career programme in more detail.
Our Info Guide describes the degree option in more detail.
Our Info Guide describes the selection process in more detail.
Finance and funding
Our Info Guide describes the finance and funding in more detail.
Our Careers Events enable you to discover more about us - in person.
Our Prospectuses describe CTC Aviation, our facilities and our services in more detail.
Signup for updates
Sign up to receive all the latest news on training and events right into your own inbox.