About CTC Aviation
We are a global airline pilot training and resourcing company, providing innovative solutions in true partnership with our customers.
Our latest generation training centres and resources are located at attractive, well-connected and convenient locations in Southampton, Bournemouth, London and Coventry (UK), Phoenix (USA) and Hamilton (NZ).
We provide a wide range of aviation services from trainee pilot selection, career programmes and airline placement, to the more advanced selection, training and provisioning requirements for experienced pilots, instructors and examiners.
easyJet Next Generation Airline Pilot Career Programme
easyJet is one of Europe’s most successful airlines and has partnered with CTC Aviation for airline pilot training solutions since its first flights in 1995. Today CTC Aviation remains easyJet’s preferred provider of airline pilots, exclusively offering the easyJet Next Generation airline pilot career programme and supporting the easyJet Amy Johnson Flying Initiative for aspiring female pilots.
This CTC WINGS Multi-crew Pilot Licence (MPL) programme is at the leading edge of airline pilot training innovation and is one of several routes into easyJet via our Next Generation programme.
Selected and mentored by easyJet from day one, you will embark upon a unique Route of training which will take you directly to the role of co-pilot on Airbus A320 aircraft, flying easyJet routes around Europe.
Throughout your training, you will join fellow trainee airline pilots to experience the skies in spectacular parts of the world as never before; as well as sharing adventures and making friendships that will last a lifetime.
- Fully mentored and supported CTC WINGS programme from CTC Aviation in partnership With easyJet
- Employment as a co-pilot on airbus A320 aircraft with easyJet on successful completion of training
- Provision of CTC WINGS ‘Performance Protection’ from CTC Aviation
- Access to a ‘Training Bond Sponsorship’ solution from CTC Aviation
- Repayment of ‘Training Bond’ (over seven years) in addition to salary once fully employed by easyJet*
- easyJet will underwrite training loans for outstanding applicants, including exceptional ‘Amy Johnson flying initiative’ candidates
- Option to include the easyJet BSc (honours) degree in professional aviation pilot practice with potential access to UK government student loan funding
- Training on the latest generation EFIS and TAS-equipped aircraft and simulators including Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT)
- subject to eligibility criteria
Application and selection process
CTC Aviation 1 day assessment followed by a shortlist process. Top performing candidates will be invited to easyJet for a non-technical assessment day.
- 2 days
MPL/ATPL Theoretical knowledge training
Classroom and iPad/computer-based UK or NZ
We integrate the use of Computer-Based Training (CBT) with self study and tutor-led instruction from some of the best instructors in the industry.
- Approximately 26 weeks
Aircraft flight training
Single-engine piston aircraft NZ
This is the flight training element of the core phase of the MPL syllabus that sets MPL apart from a traditional flight training programme. Flying the EFIS C172, you’ll learn the fundamentals of visual flying, basic instrument flying, night flying, Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT).
- Approximately 22 weeks
Multi-pilot flight training
A320 Jet simulator UK
Experiencing a multi-pilot environment for the first time, we introduce you to the A320 and jet operations for your instrument flight training using easyJet’s SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
An Initial Crew Resource Management (CRM) course covers Threat and Error Management training (TEM) and your Basic phase concludes with Line Orientated Flight Training (LOFT) and Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT).
- Approximately 11 weeks
Aircraft type specific training
A320 Jet simulator UK
Type-technical ground school utilises advanced CBT and Virtual Flight Deck (VFD) technology and we develop your advanced handling skills on our motion A320 simulators utilising a more complete version of the easyJet’s SOPs. LOFT covers more complex scenarios, Threat and Error Management training (TEM) training is further developed and you will complete the intermediate phase with Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT).
- Approximately 7 weeks
Aircraft type specific training
A320 Jet simulator and A320 aircraft UK - with CTC Aviation and easyJet
The Advanced Phase in MPL is akin to type rating training. easyJet’s full airline SOPs are incorporated and you will learn to handle more complex system failures and emergencies in readiness for your Licence Skills Test (LST).
- Approximately 4 weeks
Line Flying UK and Europe with easyJet Line Orientated Experience (LOE) and Line Check. You will also complete Safety, Emergency and Procedures training.
- Approximately 10 weeks
Successful graduation from the MPL Route will provide you with
- A Multi-crew Pilot Licence on A320 aircraft with easyJet
- MPL/ATPL Theoretical Knowledge and examination passes
- A320 Aircraft type rating
- Bsc (Honours) Degree in Professional Aviation Pilot Practice (if elected as an option)
Upon commencement of co-pilot flying with easyJet, you will continue to gain Line Oriented Experience (LOE) which will conclude with a final ‘line check’ with an easyJet training Captain. This experience may also contribute towards your BSc Degree (if elected as an option).
- Holders of an MPL may apply for an ATPL upon meeting regulatory requirements as your easyJet career progresses.
- An MPL does not permit you to work as a professional pilot on smaller aircraft that only require a single pilot without undertaking further single-pilot training.
The funding required for the complete CTC WINGS MPL in partnership with easyJet is £109,000, comprising:
- Training Security Bond - £69,000 (paid in 13 instalments)
- MPL Training fee £ 40,000 (paid in 2 instalments)
Subject to bank lending criteria, applicants may be eligible to apply for pilot loan funding. easyJet will consider underwriting training loans for outstanding applicants, including exceptional ‘Amy Johnson Flying Initiative’ candidates.
Student loan funding may be available for trainees who elect to incorporate the BSc Degree enhancement into their career programme.
- Food and living expenses
- CTC Aviation selection fee
- EASA Class 1 medical fee – EASA scale of charges
- Travel and medical insurance
- Insurances to protect life, finance, personal property and training expenses
- For more information refer to both the BSc Honours Degree and Finance and Funding information guides
- All training, equipment, uniform and airfield fees
- CTC WINGS ‘Performance Protection’ from CTC Aviation
- Self-catered accommodation for all phases of training
- Air travel to New Zealand
- All CAA exam and skills test fees - initial (and retakes if required)
- EASA MPL licence issue fee
Joint pre-selection by CTC Aviation and easyJet enables CTC WINGS ‘Performance Protection’ to be provided:
- The provision of all additional training and any retesting to achieve the required competence, at no extra cost
- Initial licence and ratings issue fees
- A refund of fees (less a £5,000 deductible) should we cease your training due to your competence falling below the minimum required professional pilot issue standard
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have the unrestricted right to live and work in the EEA or Switzerland
- Hold a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) Grade C or above, including maths, science and English language
- Hold a minimum of 2 A-levels with predicted or achieved grades of C and above* (excluding general studies and critical thinking) Please be aware that if you are offered a place on the programme, you will not be able to begin until you are awarded your final grades. Those who do not achieve required grades may still have the opportunity to join easyJet through another CTC Aviation route. See ‘Selection’ to discover more
- Be fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Produce a CRC (Criminal Record Check) basic disclosure certificate before training can commence
- Minimum height 157cm, maximum height 191cm
- Be able to obtain an EASA Class 1 medical without restrictions
*see naric.org.uk for international academic comparisons
- Go to ctcaviation.com/easyjet
- Check whether the application date ‘window’ is open
- Click on the ‘apply now’ button
- Complete the online application form and click ‘submit’
- You will receive an auto-response to acknowledge receipt of your application
Your application will be screened by a member of the CTC Aviation selection team
You will be contacted by email by a member of the CTC Aviation selection team to inform you whether your application has been successful
If successful, you will be invited to attend an initial, technical selection day with CTC Aviation at our Airline Resourcing and Selection Centre – Dibden Manor, UK
If successful, you will be invited to attend a further, nontechnical selection day with CTC Aviation and easyJet at our Airline Resourcing and Selection Centre – Dibden Manor, UK
- Those shortlisted will be required to attend a further selection event with easyJet
Selection throughout training – easyJet Next Generation
If you not invited to join the CTC WINGS MPL in partnership with easyJet following your non-technical selection day, you may be offered one of the following-
CTC WINGS Integrated ATPL with MPL upgrade
This route is designed for applicants to the CTC WINGS MPL in partnership with easyJet who pass the CTC WINGS selection process to the required standard but are not shortlisted to join the course. This may also apply to those who are unable to join the course due to not achieving their predicted grades. You may be made a conditional offer to join the MPL programme should you join the CTC WINGS Integrated ATPL ‘White Tail’ Route and pass your ATPL Theoretical Knowledge examinations to the required standard as specified by CTC Aviation and easyJet.
CTC WINGS Integrated ATPL ‘White Tail’ airline pilot career programme
Those who enrol upon our Integrated ATPL airline pilot career programme not only have the opportunity to be placed with easyJet on completing of training; now CTC Aviation and easyJet are providing the opportunity to complete an easyJet co-pilot assessment on completion of CPL/MEIR. Those who are selected to join the airline will continue their training, tailored to easyJet SOP’s and aircraft, before joining easyJet for A320 type rating and line flying on completion of training to the required standard.
Need more information?
Our airline pilot careers advisers are available Monday - Friday 0900-1800 UK time.
Call +44 (0)2380 742 400 or make an online enquiry
easyJet Route guide 02
Our easyJet Route Guide describes the career programme in more detail.
Our Info Guide describes the degree option in more detail.
Our Info Guide describes the selection process in more detail.
Finance and funding
Our Info Guide describes the finance and funding in more detail.
Our Careers Events enable you to discover more about us - in person.
Our Prospectuses describe CTC Aviation, our facilities and our services in more detail.
Signup for updates
Sign up to receive all the latest news on training and events right into your own inbox.