ABOUT CTC AVIATION
We are a global airline pilot training and resourcing company, providing innovative solutions in partnership with our customers.
Our latest generation training centres and resources are located at attractive, well-connected and convenient locations in Southampton, Bournemouth, London Gatwick and Coventry (UK), Phoenix (USA) and Hamilton (NZ). We provide a wide range of aviation services from trainee pilot selection, training and airline placement, to the more advanced selection, training and provisioning requirements for experienced pilots, instructors and examiners.
CTC WINGS provides full-time airline pilot career programmes for both our individual and airline customers - underpinned by unique ‘Training Sponsorship’ and ‘Performance Protection’ opportunities.
CTC Aviation is an L-3 Commercial Training Solutions company.
AIRLINE PILOT CAREER PROGRAMME
Flybe is Europe’s leading regional airline and is partnering with CTC Aviation to deliver an outstanding opportunity for tomorrow’s aviators to launch an airline pilot career. Selected and mentored by Flybe from day one, the CTC WINGS MPL in partnership with Flybe will take you directly to the role of co-pilot on Dash-8 Q400 aircraft, flying regional routes across Europe.
Renowned for offering their pilots unrivalled and rapid career progression opportunities, Flybe is seeking driven, aspiring aviators to be part of their ambitious vision for European expansion.
Throughout your training, you will join fellow trainee airline pilots to experience the skies in spectacular parts of the world as never before; as well as sharing adventures and making friendships that will last a lifetime.
- FULLY MENTORED AND SUPPORTED CTC WINGS PROGRAMME FROM FLYBE IN PARTNERSHIP WITH CTC AVIATION
- EMPLOYMENT AS A CO-PILOT WITH FLYBE ON COMPLETION OF TRAINING
- PROVISION OF CTC WINGS ‘PERFORMANCE PROTECTION’ FROM CTC AVIATION
- OPTION TO INCLUDE A BSc (HONOURS) DEGREE IN PROFESSIONAL AVIATION PILOT PRACTICE FROM UK-BASED MIDDLESEX UNIVERSITY WITH POTENTIAL ACCESS TO A STUDENT LOAN*
- TRAINING ON THE LATEST GENERATION EFIS AND TAS-EQUIPPED AIRCRAFT AND SIMULATORS INCLUDING UPSET PREVENTION AND RECOVERY TRAINING (UPRT)
*Subject to eligibility criteria
Application and selection process
Airline Resourcing & Selection Centre, UK
A comprehensive selection process with CTC Aviation.
Conditional job offer from Flybe if successful.
- 1 Day
MPL / ATPL Theoretical knowledge training
Classroom and iPad/computer-based, UK
We integrate the use of Computer-Based Training (CBT) with self study and tutor-led instruction from some of the best instructors in the industry
- Approximately 26 weeks
Aircraft flight training
Single-engine piston aircraft, NZ
The Core flying phase of the MPL syllabus is designed from the outset to build the Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes (KSAs) that are the cornerstones of an airline safety culture and differentiate it from traditional single pilot flight training offered on other courses. Training is airline focused and competency-based from day one. Flying the EFIS C172/DA42, you’ll learn the fundamentals of visual flying, basic and procedural instrument flying and night flying, and conduct Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT) on a high performance piston engine aircraft.
- Approximately 22 weeks
Multi-pilot flight training
B737-700/300 FTD simulator, UK
Experiencing a multi-pilot environment for the first time, we introduce you to jet operations for your instrument flight training using Flybe’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). An Initial Crew Resource Management (CRM) course covers Threat and Error Management training (TEM) and your Basic phase concludes with Line Oriented Flight Training (LOFT) and Upset Prevention and Recovery Training (UPRT).
- Approximately 11 weeks
Intermediate Multi-pilot training
Jet simulator, UK
This phase will develop your advanced handling skills on jet simulators using a version of Flybe SOPs. LOFT covers more complex scenarios, TEM training is further developed and you will complete the intermediate phase with advanced UPRT.
- Approximately 7 weeks
Airline type specific training
Dash-8 Q400 aircraft with Flybe, UK
The Advanced phase in MPL is akin to Type Rating training. You will now move onto the Dash-8 Q400 and, using Flybe’s full airline SOPs, you will learn to handle more complex system failures and emergencies in readiness for your Licence Skills Test (LST).
- Approximately 8 weeks
Flybe line training
Line Flying UK and Europe with Flybe
Line Oriented Experience (LOE) and Line Check. You will also complete Safety, Emergency and Procedures training (SEP) Employment as a Dash-8 Q400 co-pilot with Flybe.
- Approximately 10 weeks
Successful graduation from this MPL Route will provide you with
- A Multi-crew Pilot Licence on Dash-8 Q400 aircraft
- MPL/ATPL Theoretical Knowledge and examination passes
- Dash-8 Q400 Aircraft Type Rating
Upon commencement of co-pilot flying with Flybe, you will continue to gain Initial Operating Experience (IOE) which will conclude with a final ‘line check’ with a Flybe training captain. This experience may also contribute towards your BSc Degree (if elected as an option).
The funding required for the complete CTC WINGS MPL Route in partnership with Flybe is £94,800.
Training loans Subject to bank lending criteria, applicants may be eligible to apply for pilot loan funding.
If the BSc Degree option is selected:
- For more information refer to both the BSc Honours Degree and Finance and Funding Information Guides
- Food and living expenses
- CTC Aviation selection fee
- EASA Class 1 medical fee – EASA scale of charges
- Travel and medical insurance
- Insurances to protect life, finance, personal property and training expenses
- All training, equipment, uniform and airfield fees
- CTC WINGS Performance Protection from CTC Aviation
- Self-catered accommodation for all phases of training
- Air travel to NZ
- All CAA exam and skills test fees - initial (and retakes if required)
- EASA MPL Licence issue fee
PERFORMANCE PROTECTION From CTC Aviation
Pre-selection by CTC Aviation and Flybe enables CTC WINGS ‘Performance Protection’ to be provided:
- The provision of all additional training and any retesting to achieve the required competence, at no extra cost
- Initial licence and ratings issue fees
- A refund of fees (less a £5,000 deductible) should we cease your training due to your competence falling below the minimum required professional pilot issue standard
- be at least 18 years of age to commence training have the unrestricted right to live and work in the EEA and Switzerland*
- 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above including Maths, English and a Science (single or dual award) AND either 2 A-Levels or academic equivalents at Grade C or above OR An Honours Degree at 2:2 or higher (also acceptable will be higher degrees such as Masters or Doctorate). Also acceptable are vocational equivalents**
- be fluent in English (verbal and written)***
- produce a CRC (Criminal Record Check) Basic Disclosure Certificate before training can commence
- be able to obtain a UK CAA Class 1 medical examination prior to commencement of training
- minimum height 5’2” (157cm) , maximum height 6’3’ (191cm)
*please be aware that a work or study visa does not satisfy this requirement, you do need to be a citizen of the European Economic Area or hold a passport from one of the countries belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA).
**see naric.org.uk for international academic comparisons
***For non-native English speakers, you will be required to present a certificate prior to training commencement demonstrating you have achieved International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Level 5.5 overall, with no less than 5.5 in any individual area (Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. (This must be the Academic test, not General Training).
- Click on the ‘apply now’ button*
- Complete the online application form and click ‘submit’
- You will receive an auto-response to acknowledge receipt of your application
*If the window is closed or you do not meet the specific Flybe entry criteria, then you may consider applying for the CTC WINGS Integrated ATPL ‘whitetail’ Route - ctcaviation.com/whitetail. Applications for this Route are open all year round.
- Your application will be screened by a member of the CTC Aviation selection team
- You will be contacted by email by a member of the CTC Aviation selection team to inform you whether your application has been successful
- If successful, you will be invited to attend an assessment day. These usually take place at CTC Aviation’s Airline Resourcing & Selection Centre - Dibden Manor, UK
- If you are not shortlisted for the CTC WINGS MPL in partnership with Flybe, but meet the CTC WINGS standards throughout the selection process, you will be eligible to enrol on the CTC WINGS Integrated ATPL Route ctcaviation.com/whitetail
Need more information?
Our airline pilot careers advisers are available Monday - Friday 0900-1800 UK time.
Call +44 (0)2380 742 400 or make an online enquiry
Our Info Guide describes the degree option in more detail.
Our Info Guide describes the selection process in more detail.
Finance and funding
Our Info Guide describes the finance and funding in more detail.
Our Careers Events enable you to discover more about us - in person.
Our Prospectuses describe CTC Aviation, our facilities and our services in more detail.
Signup for updates
Sign up to receive all the latest news on training and events right into your own inbox.